Department of Physics
UG Laboratories: (All B.E/B.Tech Branches)
Anna University Chennai Regulation 2013
List of conducting Experiments:
(All B.E/B.Tech Branches)
- a).Determination of Wavelength, and particle size using Laser.
- b).Determination of acceptance angle in an optical fiber.
- Determination of velocity of sound and compressibility of liquid-Ultrasonic
- Determination of wavelength of mercury spectrum-spectrometer grating.
- Determination of thermal conductivity of a bad conductor-Lee's Disc method.
- Determination of Young's modulus by Non uniform bending method.
- Determination of specific resistance of a given coil of wire-Carey Foster's Bridge.
Except Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Department
List of conducting Experiments: II SEMESTER
PG Laboratory:M.Tech(Nanoscience and Technology)
List of conducting Experiments:I-SEMESTER
- Determination of Young's modulus by uniform bending method.
- Determination of band gap of a semiconductor.
- Determination of Coefficient of viscosity of a liquid-Poiseuille's method.
- Determination of Dispersive power of a prism-Spectrometer.
- Determination of thickness of a thin wire-Air wedge method.
- Determination of Rigidity modulus-Torsion pendulum.
COMPUTATION AND SIMULATION:
- Chemical synthesis of Ag nanoparticles; UV-Visible absorption of the colloidal sol; Mie formalism; Estimation of size by curve fitting.
- Chemical synthesis of CdS nanoparticles; Optical absorption spectra; Band gap estimation from the band edge.
- Aqueous to organic phase transfer of Ag and CdS nanoparticles; Confirmation by UV- Visible absorption.
- Microwave assisted polymerization synthesis of ZnO nanowires.
- Sol gel synthesis of metal oxide (ZnO, TiO, CdO) nanoparticles.
- Mechanical ball milling technique to oxide ceramics preparation: crystallite size measurement by XRD.
- A bio leaf extraction route to Ag/Cu/Fe nanoparticles.
- Electro spinning of polymer nanofibers: surface morphology by SEM.
- Hydrothermal synthesis of ZnS Nanorods: Nanorods formation by SEM analysis.
- Synthesis of aqueous ferro fluid by chemical method
- Nano crystalline copper metallic powder by polyol method.
- Metallic Ni particle by chemical reduction method.
- Multi ferrites bimetallic nanoparticles synthesis.
- Synthesis of core-shell nanoparticles.
List of conducting Experiments: II SEMESTER
NANOMETROLOGY AND MICROSCOPY:
- MATLAB programme to plot the first four Eigen functions of a one-dimensional rectangular potential well with infinite potential barrier.
- Numerical solution of the Schrodinger wave equation for a rectangular potential well with infinite potential barrier using MATLAB programme.
- Toy model in molecular electronics: IV characteristics of a single level molecule.
- To determine the lattice constant and lattice angles for atomically resolved STM image of HOPG (Highly Oriented Pyrolytic Graphite using offline Scanning Probe Imaging Processor (SPIP) Software.
- To determine the surface roughness of raw and processed AFM images of glass, silicon and films made by different methods using offline SPIP software.
- Simulation of I-V Characteristics for a single Junction circuit with a single quantum Dot using MOSES 1.2 Simulator.
- Study of Single Electron Transistor using MOSES1.2 Simulator.
- Molecular Modelling and Simulation for Benzamide, Styrene, CNT using Material studio.
- Digital Image processing using Matlab.
- Determination of size and lateral dimensions of various samples (pollen grains, strands of hair) using a high magnification optical microscope.
- Synthesis of SiO2 polysphere film and morphology characterization using an Optical microscope.
- Surface topography of sputtered AlN/CuN film using AFM; thickness across a step.
- Surface topography of SiO2 film using AFM; step measurements.
- Surface topography of a polymer film on glass using AFM in the non-contact (tapping) mode; Phase imaging
- Nanoindentation on a polycarbonate substrate using AFM; F-D curves and hardness determination.
- Dip-pen lithography using AFM with molecular inks.
- Surface topography of a sputtered Ag film using STM; current and height imaging.
- Surface topography of a freshly cleaved Mica.
- Scanning Tunneling Spectroscopy (STS) on Multi walled Carbon Nanotubes deposited on HOPG.
- Sol-gel spin coating route to SnO2 nano thin films: surface roughness measurement by AFM.
- Electro deposition of Cu nano structures and its morphology.