RAGGING IS TOTALLY PROHIBITED IN BIT CAMPUS
Ragging means display of noisy, disorderly conduct, doing any act which causes or is likely to cause
or physiological harm or raise apprehension or fear or shame or Embarrassment to a student in any
Thus ragging includes :
- Teasing, abusing or playing practical jokes on, or causing hurt to a student
- Asking the students to do any act or perform something which a student Will not carry out in the ordinary course, willingly
Punishment Includes :
- Two years imprisonment
- Fine to the tune of Rs.2.5 lakhs
- Dismissal from the educational institution
- Shall not be admitted in any other educational institution
Hence students, particularly the seniors, are requested to refrain from any such criminal act.
Juniors are requested to report about any ragging activity to the officials
Immediately without any fear.